Dear CCA Parents and Family,
You may have concerns about the spread of COVID-19, caused by the novel coronavirus. Here at CCA we are following guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the New York State Department of Health, and the New York State Education Department.
If a student or staff member is diagnosed with COVID-19, we will immediately notify staff, parents, and guardians. If a student or staff member shows respiratory symptoms, we will follow our current practices for handling respiratory illnesses.
We will continue to clean and disinfect the school to minimize the spread of viruses and a variety of other illnesses. There are a number of steps that students, staff, and community members can take to minimize the spread of all respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19, according to the state Department of Health:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Heavily soiled hands should be washed.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
If you or a family member begin showing symptoms of a respiratory disease and suspect it may be COVID-19, contact your healthcare provider. Before going to your healthcare provider’s office, inform them that a case of COVID-19 is suspected, and follow their advice.
Families are also encouraged to follow the CDC’s information for travel, available at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html. For more information , consider these additional resources:
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) https://www.health.ny.gov/diseases/communicable/coronavirus/
- Travel: Frequently Asked Questions and Answers https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/faqs.html
- COVID-19: Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html
In addition, New York has established a Novel Coronavirus Hotline, which can provide additional information. Call 1-888-364-3065 with questions or concerns about travel and symptoms. We will continue to share information as it becomes available.